Monday, September 21, 2015

Vidal Sassoon Review and my New Fall hair color

Hey Loves,

So I have been debating on whether or not to change my hair color. I have been wanting to for a while but wasn't quite sure if I wanted to spend the money or the time on it. I also have a hair color addiction. I am addicted to bright colors and DEFINITELY not your regular run of the mill colors. I mean white, silver, purple, blue, etc. I know, I know, your probably thinking this girl is one of those crazy people that runs around with a Unicorn on her hair... well you guys, yes yes I am! I love those colors. Anyways, I really finally decided why not let my husband pick out my hair color.

We went to Walmart tonight, yes you guys Walmart because I have dyed my hair so many times, and did go to a cosmetology/massage therapy school. So I know the basics of how to do it at home, and box dye is the cheaper route right now, since all of our fund is going to our DISNEY trip in January :)
My hair color is naturally different shades. I joke and say I am the original Rouge because like her the 2 chunk of strands right in front have always been a dirty blonde color, the color I was born with and had up until I started dying it (which I think was like 10 or 11, I was my Aunt's guinea pig when she went through cosmetology school) and the rest is a dark medium brown.

I asked my husband what color he would like to see and his answer right off the bat was PURPLE, like neon bright purple. I told him absolutely not, as amazing as I want to do it, I have to remember I am trying to find a job in a medical facility and unfortunately not thought of as "professional" but its so damn hot and I want it, just not right now. Then he said well how about a black with blue tint, where it looks black but once the light hits it BAM! it's blue. I figured hell why not, I haven't had blue hair yet!

Once we got to the store none of the colors fit exactly what we had in mind. We went to leave but another color caught my husbands eyes ... Vidal Sassoon's hair color in 6RR-London Luxe aka Runway Red
I was so nervous because I have done red from SPLAT and I do not under any circumstances recommend that hair product because it fried my hair to hell and back and a very uneven color. The red also came out pink. Normally I use Garnier because they have the color line for dark hair. I always get 2 boxes because my hair is so scary thick, that one bottle does my roots lol. Even if you are unsure get 2 boxes, it's better to be safe then sorry and look like you tried to color your hair through a game of paintball! lol 

Please remember when your dying your hair:
  • moisturize your face and neck around the hairline and apply a thin layer of Vaseline over the moisturizer to prevent staining on your skin. 
  • if you are to get it on your skin you can always wipe it immediately with a damp washcloth  or towel
  • wear an old shirt and cover your shoulders with a towel or any cover
  • Wear the gloves, they are in there for a reason
  • Dye your hair in a well ventilated room
  • Read Direction carefully 
my own personal tip is to start with your roots first and work your way to the ends with the color and...Voila


Now I haven't seen it in the sun yet but I will most definitely post it once I do! So far I really like it but I want it brighter, so in 2 weeks I will be doing it again to brighten it up. I can honestly day this is my favorite hair dye ever now. The color is vibrant and amazing considering I didn't strip my dark color and my hair smell so good like I washed it with shampoo! The conditioner is thick and made my hair so amazingly soft, I can't stop touching it. 

I have had quite a few people tell me they are nervous about doing it, or they don't think they could pull it off, Honestly I was terrified about doing this. I wasn't really sure how it was going to turn out but this is amazing and definitely must try. You are all gorgeous, don't sell yourselves short. You never know what it will look like if you don't try it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment