Thursday, September 3, 2015

Name That Genius



Hello Lovelies!!

So I have known a lot of mommies and known a lot of people who have been pregnant. The main worry that I feel couples have problems with when it comes to babies is deciding on a name. This was something me and my husband had the biggest debate on with all 3 of our children.

With our first born, I made a list of of girl names in which my husband only liked 1 name. Sophia. Honestly I loved them all lol
The list of names were:
Abigail
Adrienne
Bianca
Caroline
Katerina
(HAHA yes I did get those from TVD Katerina Petrova and Caroline Forbes)
Amyra
Sophia

Of course nothing really goes with Sophia. With our son I had one name picked out Cameron my husband wanted Hayden but neither one of us liked those so I googled the "mash up of Cameron and Hayden" we got Caiden. We both loved the name bit wanted something a little more different in spelling and changed it around to Kayden (and my husband has an obsession with K's lol he always wanted to change his name to Kristofer instead of Christopher). On top of mixing the names I agreed to my husband wanting to name his middle name Michael, we were left with Kayden Michael. Of course we got a Sophia Marie.



Then baby #2 surprised us. We already knew the boy name, only the middle name my husband agreed with me that the middle name would be after my late Uncle who was a fighter and fought a long battle of stomach cancer. But I quickly found another name that caught my eye... MaKenna and middle name was decided after my husbands mom's middle name... Anne. Hello MaKenna Anne :) Of course we were extremely happy to find out we were having a Kayden. He very much lives up to his name too lol.

in 2014 we found out after 1 week in a hospital and 2 ER trips... we were expecting baby #3. I went into our local ER with stomach pains that wouldn't stop. They did blood work saw I wasn't pregnant so I got a CT scan done, the pain wouldn't stop, they would push on it and I would shake and cry it hurt so bad. They admitted me for a week ran tests, gave me dilaudid, and 4 other IV's fluids. never figured out the problem.  Only to go back to the ER for a check up and BAM!!! I was told I was 9-10 weeks pregnant.

I never thought I would be having a 3rd one so soon, I never even thought of a name. MaKenna was no longer a good enough name since we decided the 3rd one would be our last, I was getting my tubes tied and my husband was getting snipped. I looked for a name generator. I couldn't help but think there had to be one. I became obsessed with Baby Name Genie.

This awesome website helps you not only find a first name, or even a middle name... but can find you the perfect combo of both. It's great even to use if your trying to conceive or not yet have a plan for babies but when you do you already have names picked out. Even though I cant have anymore babies I still love to see all the unique names.

My husband and I went through so many names. I would search for them and call them out to him he would say yes or no. We stumbled across the names Lennox and Lyric. I fell in love and so did my husband. My husband is a computer nerd so when he heard Lennox, his mind immediately went into GEEK MODE and thought of the Lennox Computer System. Here we go with the unique names... we decided to change the spelling from Lyric to Lyrix.

Picking names doesnt have to be stressful. It can be fun and the start of a creative life as a parent. Have fun with it, there are things everywhere that can give you the inspiration for that special gift you have arriving. <3
Always remember to look at the meaning of the name too... when they get older they live up to their name. Sophia means Wise, and that she is already! Kayden means Fighter, he really is a fighter, he fights tooth and nail! Lyrix or Lryic means Songlike, and she is definitely a melody of grace and love.

Stay Golden Loves!





No comments:

Post a Comment