Tuesday, September 8, 2015

HELP!! Hospital bag pack up!

Hello Loves!

Having a baby is a big thing. It's fun, scary, exciting, nerve wrecking. There is so much to do and even though 9 months seems like its dragging and is a long time you have such little energy, so much emotions, and a scrambled brain. I have seen most of my friends ask over Facebook or even private message me asking what do I pack in my hospital bag? What am I missing? There is so much going on that even for mommies with multiples it is so easy to forget what you packed the first time, and when you have other babies, you have more to worry about with finding a sitter and someone to go check up on the family pet's, or forgetting you forgot to do another deep clean for the 300th time.

With our first child me and my husband were over prepared. By that I mean we packed enough stuff for 2 weeks at a beach house! Only used about 5% of the stuff we brought was used and of course we  took everything that wasn't bolted down, and a go home package from the hospital, made for even more stuff. It also gave my husband an exhausting workout with taking about 10 trips from the car to our hospital room bringing things in and taking them back out.

With our second he came so fast we barely had anything together and forgot to get a car seat, I had a 3 hours labor and lived 45 minutes away from the hospital 1 hour with traffic! Thank goodness we still had one from our first child and used that until we got our knew one the next day. My husband was not happy since we had a little boy and took him home in a pink car seat so we ended up having a car seat cover that fit our little prince :)

With our final baby we finally perfected the art of packing for a baby and was prepared without packing too much and without packing to little. We got a heads up of course because I was induced at 39 weeks. SO on to the hospital bag list!


For Mom:

  • 2-3 pairs of socks
  • Hair ties, clips, bobby pins
  • 1 go home outfit
  • 4-5 pairs of full coverage underwear
  • 2-3 pajama pants 
  • 2-3 pajama shirts
  • Chapstick
  • Hair brush
  • Travel Sized toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash
  • shoes (I chose flip flops)
  • 2 Nursing Bra
  • Nursing pads for bra
  • Razor and shaving cream
  • face wash, lotions, Deodorant 
  • Prenatal Vitamins
Optional:
  • Pillows 
  • home blanket
  • make up and/or hair supplies (I am that kind of person so I definitely did)
  • Robe 
  • nipple cream (if needed I never really needed any) 
  • Pads (these I never brought only because both my hospitals here in my city provide unlimited pads)
  • Mints 
For Dad:
  •  2-3 pairs of clothes 
  • 1-2 pair of jammies 
  • 2-3 pairs of socks
  • Toothbrush
  • Shampoo and Conditioner (if different from yours. Me and the hubby use the same)
  • Body wash (again, if different) 
  • Razor and shaving cream, Deodorant 
  • Aleve 
  • Sweatshirt (optional)
  • Robe
  • Slippers 
For baby:
  • 2-3 Picture outfits 
  • 1 Go home outfit
  • 2 Baby hats (if you want different ones, my mom bought us a customized hospital hat for our last one)
  • 2-3 Socks 
  • Headbands (if a girl) 
  • 3-4 Burp cloths 
  • 3-4 Receiving blankets 
  • 1 Baby blanket (we used both a Receiving Blanket and Baby Blanket for Sophia's baby pictures)  
  • 2 baby mittens 
  • Car Seat (this is a must! Hospitals protocol is you can not leave with your baby in your hands they have to be in a car seat, strapped in properly) 
  • Boppy Pillow (optional, I brought mine)
Electronics: 
  • Cell Phones 
  • Cell phone chargers 
  • Laptops 
  • Laptop chargers
  • 3-4 movies 
Randoms: 
  • Change for vending machine
  • Perfume or body splashes 
  • Thank You baskets for nurses
  • Thank You basket for Doctor
  • Breast Pump 
  • Nursing Cover 
  • Hand Sanitizer (I would hope your hospital would have it)
  • Birthing plan
  • Books 
Now when you leave the hospital you can always ask for extras to go home with, and take everything that is not bolted or strapped down.I would always call and see what your hospital provides or do a tour of the hospital and delivery rooms. The hospitals here in my city provide pads, products to help with burning after birth or hemorrhoids, hospital gown but you can change into your own jammies, socks, breast pump, pillows, blankets, toiletries like shampoo and body wash, and towels. My favorite item the hospital provides that I cant live without, I even wear them months after birth (I know a lot of you will laugh) the netted underwear. Those are a the most wonderful things in the world! lol 

Here is a list of amazing things you could purchase for your new ones arrival :) 
Newborn Hat  (this is my youngest with this same hat on)Newborn Boy Hat Here 
Here Hospital Gown



No comments:

Post a Comment