Monday, August 24, 2015

Mama cooking it up in the kitchen

When the dinner bell rang in our house I made something new (making things from random ingredients and making a tasty meal somehow works for us!) and was so nervous when everyone went to eat but my kids loved it, the hubby gave me two thumbs up, and I could not stop eat it... by that I mean no left overs at all. HAHA! You guys are the first to get this recipe of mine. Make sure that if you make it you give me a shout and let me know how you liked it :)

Panko Crusted Turkey Meatballs with fried rice covered in a smoked celery gravy

What you will need: (this is for a family of 5)
1 large mixing bowl
1 large plate (or a small-medium sized bowl totally your choice)
1 1/2 lbs-2lbs- Ground Turkey meat (we use butterball brand)
1 large egg
2 cups Panko
1/2 onion (minced)
Salt 
Pepper
Smoked Paprika
Garlic salt 
 4 cups cooked rice 
1 cup mixed veggies
soy sauce 
Milk
3 tbsp butter 
1 can of Cream of Celery 
Chicken stock
1 cookie sheet well greased (I use Pam cooking spray)
1 round pan
1 Sauce pot 

Directions:
Meatballs
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. 
2. In a large bowl mix together turkey meat, minced onion, pinch of garlic salt, egg, pinch of pepper, and 1/2 cup of panko. Mix (with hands) until well blended. Put left over panko on a large plate (to coat meatballs).
3. Measure out turkey meat and roll them into a ball. Roll them into the panko you have on the plate and place them onto your well greased cookie sheet. You can make them as big or as little as you want. Since I have 2 toddlers 1 infant, and The hubby and I, I make them different sizes. Of course for my infant I put her food into a blender so for her's doesn't matter what size. 
4. Once your cookie sheet is filled, place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until well browned on the outside. (Keep checking on them if they are in there too long they will burn on the bottom and dry out)
Fried Rice
1. Make 4 cups of rice either stove top or rice cooker. I cheated by using a rice cooker, takes way less time and almost nearly impossible to mess them up.
2. Melt 1 1/2 tbsp butter in the round pan. Once rice is done transfer the rice into the pan with the melted butter and add the mixed veggies. Add Soy Sauce, only enough to lightly coat the rice you don't want to add too much.
3. Mix well and set aside. 

Gravy
1. In a sauce pot mix together cream of celery soup, with that can, add in 1 can of chicken stock, 1/2 can of milk, 1 1 1/2 tsp of soy sauce, and 1 1/2 tbsp butter on medium to high heat. 
2. Whisk until blended and butter is melted. 
3. Add 1 tsp of smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp of garlic salt, pinch of pepper.
4. Heat until boiling, whisking occasionally. Once boiling remove from heat, it will thicken as it cools. 

                     (Picture from IG by yours truly!)
Put them on you plate together and VOILA your done and ready to eat :) Hope you guys enjoy! Take pics and tweet them to me @KieraGrant or tag me in Instagram @mrslildirty25, or tag Pampers and Pearls FB page , don't forget to go like my page!! When I do Q&A with you guys your questions will be coming from Twitter or Pampers and Pearls FB page! 

Bon Appétit Loves <3

No comments:

Post a Comment