Wednesday, December 30, 2015

When it all falls down: Recap Session 2

They lovelies,
I have finally slowed down after all the crazy hustle and bustle of the Holiday season.
Work has been swamped since more patients are coming in with heart and chest issues due to the stresses that come with the holidays. So while I have your attention....
Stress is killer! As hard as it is try to make you time in all the crazy holiday decorating and house full or family.

Here is a recap I wasn't able to do about the current situation in my marriage.
My husband and I were able to go in and see my (now our) therapist. We are now in a couples therapy together.

It helped because not only did it put into perspective that when my husband was unfaithful almost 5 years ago it wasn't because of me. It gave me a self relief because the entire time my main questions since it all happened was "What did I do wrong to make him do this?"

Answer was simple I didnt do anything. Everyone has their coping methods of dealing with stress and that just so happened to be my husbands rebellion to growing up and having his world changed from party boy/Hugh Heffner life to daddy and husband life. He was scared.
I can understand that but that fear is still there. In my head. Well fear is a strong word... More like the memory, is burned in the back of my mind.

Bright side was we were able to let a lot of things out that we were scaresd to get out to each other and get things explained to us better. Its easier to understand things and really was able to change the way I see some things and how I'm dealing with current situations. So it definitely helped to get us in there, for now.

We haven't been able to go back yet to see our therapist due to holiday season but she promised to help us, whether that we be together or split, and I'm sort of excited to see what she has in store for us as individuals and as a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment